Tennis Lessons with a Certified Instructor
We Make Tennis Fun for All Ages
The Tennis Program at the Safety Harbor Resort & Spa has five (5) Har-Tru clay courts overlooking Tampa Bay. Our teaching method allows each and every player to retain their personal style of play, with any changes based on sound biomechanical technique.
Our students learn how to strike the ball and “why” these techniques work. This allows for faster and easier learning experience.
When it Comes to Tennis, Our Coaches are Some of the Best
Kim Scullion, Director of Tennis Carl Gallauer, Head Professional
• 25 Years Experience • USPTA Certified
• USPTA Certified • PTR Certified
• PTR Certified • USTA 10 & Under Certified
• PTR 10 & Under Certified • PTR 11-17 Certified
• PTR 11-17 Certified
You will find both Kim and Carl excellent mentors and coaches for you and your family to better enjoy the game of tennis, as a "Sport of a Lifetime”.
Whether you want to fine-tune your tournament play, league play or start from scratch by developing a sound basic technique, the tennis program offers a wide range of clinics and personalized instruction that cater to every skill and every member of your family.
For further information, please contact the Tennis Pro Shop at (727) 724-7729 or email Kim at email@example.com
Tennis Programs for the Whole Family
The Tennis Program Offers:
• USPTA, PTR Certified Professionals
• Private & Group Lessons
• Junior Tennis Programs (Ages 4-15)
• Junior “NO Pressure” Monthly Tournaments (ROGY Format)
• Kid’s Birthday Parties
• Beach Tennis Lessons
• Socials & Events
• Tennis Court Rental
The purpose of our rules is to provide fair and reasonable guidelines that create consistency with how we manage our tennis program and serve our members and guests.
- ·Please call the tennis pro shop at 727.724.7729 for court reservation, lesson bookings and other questions you may have about our tennis program.
- ·Court reservations required and may be made 7 days in advance.
- ·Court time will be based on 1.5 hours of play for singles and doubles.
- Players must sign in at the tennis pro shop and pay the appropriate guest fee(s) $15 or may purchase a guest pass. Ask the tennis pro shop for details.
- As a courtesy to your fellow players, all cancellations must be done as early as possible.
- Lessons, team matches, tournaments and special events sponsored by the Spa will have priority first for the courts.
- Proper etiquette should be observed at all times. Excessive noise, ball/racquet abuse and profanity will not be permitted.
- Towels may be checked out and returned after play the same day. Towels not returned after play, a $5 charge will be billed to the member/guest.
Tennis Court Rental
Let your competitive spirit free and challenge a friend to a tennis match. We offer 5 Championship Har-Tru courts.
• Members must check their guest in and fill out a Guest Registration Card. Guests are permitted to play at the Spa 6 times per year, at which time the Membership Department will contact them about joining.
• Court Rental Fee: $20 per court time
• Proper Tennis attire is required at all times. Casual street clothing, jeans, cut-offs, bathing suits, sports bras, shirt style that exposes the midriff & yoga wear are NOT permitted.
• Tennis shoes are required. Running shoes, cross trainers & walking shoes are not permitted on the tennis courts. They are not safe and can damage the courts.
Hours of Operation:
· Monday-Sunday - 8:00-Dusk based on daylight savings.
· We are subject to closing the courts earlier for maintenance or if no one books ahead.
Enjoy private tennis instruction with a certified pro at the Safety Harbor Resort & Spa.
**PLEASE NOTE** All requests must be made 48 hours prior to requested date & time. Please call the Tennis Pro Shop direct at (727) 724-7729
For private lessons, pricing is based on 1 person:
• 30 Minute Lesson $35/Per Person
• 60 Minute Lesson $60/Per Person
• 90 Minute Lesson $80/Per Person
Lesson Package Specials and Group Lessons Available - Contact Kim at (727) 724-7729 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org